Energy services company Mitie has launched a new Zero Fleet Transition Service to help businesses electrify their transport fleets.
The aim of the service is to encompass all stages of the EV transition, from vehicle choice to charging infrastructure to travel policies and maintenance.
The transition roadmap will follow five key stages:
- Developing a fleet transition model – Mitie will review the current businesses transport fleet and will develop a bespoke strategy.
- Installing a charge point network at workplaces and at employees homes – Mitie will install the charge points with its in-house team.
- Transitioning the existing fleet – As vehicles reach the end of their life, Mitie will support the phased replacement of EV alternatives.
- Connect, maintain and operate – After installation, charge points can be connected to Mitie’s operation centre for remote maintenance and performance checks.
- Generate income – Mitie will help businesses to increase their financial savings of EV rollout through public charging initiatives.
Pradyumna Pandit, managing director of sustainability and energy services at Mitie, said: ‘While the environmental and financial case for electric vehicles is clear, for businesses just beginning their EV journey, making the switch can seem a daunting task.
‘With one of the UK’s most ambitious electric fleet strategies, Mitie has learnt first-hand how to tackle the challenges and capitalise on the opportunities that come with an EV rollout. I am proud to be sharing our knowledge so we can support more British businesses in transitioning their own fleets to electric.’
Photo Credit – Pixabay